St Andrews Church was originally set up in 1864 in a rented cob and thatched barn. Over time this was fitted out to become an attractive local church with an organ and choir.
Sadly this church was swept away in the severe floods in 1960. The village was determined to rebuild a new church and held a number of events to raise money for a new church to supplement the insurance proceeds.
The new church was completed in 1963 and dedicated in September that year. That event was celebrated with a widely attended flower and musical 50th anniversary festival in September 2013.
The church was “reordered” in 2004 with the pews being replaced by chairs and various other improvements to make the church a more attractive location for other activities.
St Andrew’s is part of the White Cross Mission Community. This consists of six parishes, Aylesbeare, Clyst St George, Clyst St Mary, Farringdon, Woodbury with Exton, and Woodbury Salterton.
The seven churches are under the care of Rev Karen Spray.
St ANDREW’S ,EXTON – SERVICES
- 1st Sunday in the month – 6pm – Evening Service
- 2nd & 4th Sundays – 9.30 – Holy Communion.
- 3rd Sunday – 9.30 – Lay Led Service (led by members of the congregation)
- 5th Sunday – attend another White Cross Mission church.
For further information contact: Revd Karen Spray (01392) 877400